For batter :
Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
For filling :
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Grated Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Banana leaves - 2 or 3
How to :
- Add enough water to maida and form a thick paste. Add sugar to the paste and mix well.
- Mix the coconut, jaggery and cardamom together and keep aside.
- Cut banana leaf into pieces of A4 size paper and warm then on the gas stove for about 2-3 seconds (This is to remove the stiffness of the leaf).
- Spread thinly one tablespoon of batter on one piece of banana leaf and spread about a tbsp of filling on it.
- Fold the leaf into two and put it on a hot tawa for a minute. Turn the leaf when the first side start burning.
- Remove the ada from the leaf after it cools.